Monday, April 5, 2010

Macy's Flower Show 2010

On the left you will find my recent visit to the 34th Street Macy's in NYC. It is said to be the largest store in the world. The goal was to take pictures, tons of pictures of the flower show that was going on inside.

I didn't want to take pictures of a collection of flowers from a distance to cover as much as possible, rather get details of the flowers, capture the vibrant colors and explore the depth of field with my new lens and camera. I was quite happy with how I took the pictures (the angle of the shots), but not entirely how they (some of them) came out (clarity to be exact). I take the blame on that, as I am still learning my new tools. Some of these pictures were taken with the Macro setting on the camera. I later alternated between manual and aperture priority once the Macro setting was turning the flash on almost always and bumping the ISO to 1000 and above.

I encourage everyone to leave comments, please do, tons of them. Specially the experts, since we have a lot to learn from you all. Tell the readers of this blog, how a particular picture can be made better or what made it good. I like constructive criticisms and complements are welcome as well. We can all use a little motivation here and there.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no expert.. I believe your passion for photography lets you see the picture before you take it. Hence they come out so genuinely beautiful. Can’t give much credit to D90.It just lets your vision to come alive =)

    ReplyDelete